Wednesday, August 6, 2014

PARTICLE FEVER
5/10
I seemed to enjoy this film about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and the discovery of the Higgs Boson Particle less than most people I spoke to about it afterwards. Really was a TV documentary blown up to a big screen presentation. Also went for longer than the 60 minutes it could have been with some better editing. I would have liked to have walked out having learned a little more. And I wish they'd have used a wider angle lens; it felt very hand held and hard to get a good feel for the scale at hand of the LHC. That said, the subjects themselves were well picked by the film makers. It was nice that they had several woman scientists partaking in the telling of the story, and the physicist factions between the theorists and he experimentalists provided some good entertainment. Overall, I'd suggest just waiting till you can stream it or watch it on TV.

No comments: