Wednesday, August 6, 2014

PREDESTINATION
7/10
This opening night film starring Ethan hawke and Sarah Snook is probably my favourite opening night at the festival that I've seen (having been to at least a few). It's a sci-fi film based on the short story 'All You Zombies' by Robert Heinlein, and was filmed in Melbourne.
I'm a bit of a sucker for a decent sci-fi flick, and the time travel-bending plot generally doesn't go astray. Effectively this is a story about a government agent with time traveling abilities who is tasked to divert history where deemed necessary to avoid major crimes from occurring. Admittedly, I guessed some of the plot points before they were revealed, but overall I thought it was well made and very well acted. Best to see it with as little knowledge as possible beforehand.

No comments: